Why Physio Bike Fitter?
Since 2014, James has been providing professional, detail-oriented bike fitting services in the greater Ottawa region. Countless individuals, coaches and local bike shop owners have trusted him since the beginning to provide extremely comprehensive bicycle fittings. Clients include individuals looking to prevent injury, go farther and be faster on their bikes and are everyone from competitive cyclists, triathletes and mountain bikers, to the casual weekend warrior.
If being a spin master or Peloton pro is your jam or if you are satisfied with a previous fitting but just purchased new cycling shoes, let me set you off on the right foot!
Meet Your Bike Fitters
Registered physiotherapists with extensive clinical experience treating cyclists, triathletes and runners.
Meet James Van Toever
- Registered Physiotherapist
- 7 years of fitting and over 1000 happy clients
- Professional road and mountain cyclist for 3 years
- 2003 Under 23 Canadian National Mountain Bike Champion
- Team Canada member 2003 Mountain Bike World Championships
Meet Alex Banville
- Holds two undergraduate degrees, BHSc and BSc in Human Kinetics
- BikeFit certified
- Team Canada 2017 ITU World Championships
- Youngest athlete ever to complete the Swissman Xtreme Triathlon
- Team Canada 2021 70.3 World Championships
Every bike fit starts with a comprehensive rider interview followed by a physical examination that scrutinizes each body segment related to cycling. A combination of strength, flexibility, mobility, passive and active movements allow for the most accurate assessment resulting in one of a kind bike fits.
Our experience with understanding compression, tension and shearing on the body while riding will increase comfort and efficiency as well as prevent any future injury that could disrupt your cycling goals.